How to Style a Guest Room in 5 Simple Steps
Memorial Day weekend is upon us, and we couldn't be more excited! This long weekend marks the unofficial start of summer and we're getting ready to have lots of family and friends stay with us.
When hosting overnight guests, it's important to have the room in which they're staying in tip top shape. You already know we love entertaining guests, and it's even more fun when they stay the night or weekend.
If you're planning to put your guest room to use this summer season keep on reading for how to style it in five simple steps.
HOW TO STYLE YOUR GUEST ROOM IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS
Put out fresh flowers
- They will instantly add freshness and brightness to the room, and they simply look pretty on a tray or bedside table. They don't have to be expensive either. You can go to your local grocery store and pick up a beautiful bouquet and put them in a vase or your Bloomingville pitcher from the Spring Box.
Warm up the room with a candle (and matches)
- Lighting a candle instantly sets a calming, relaxed mood, and the fact that it smells good is an added bonus. Having a candle out with matches will make your guests feel right at home. Just make sure the scent you choose isn't too overbearing or offensive, as you never know if your guests might be sensitive to smells. We love using our Lemon and Oak candle from our Fall Box.
Hydrate with water
- When you have guests stay over, you want them to feel comfortable and at home. You don't ever want them to feel like they are being a burden. So, it's nice to have everything they might need within their room for the weekend, such as water (and tissues). Of course they can ask you when they would like water, but it's a nice touch to already have it there for them by the bed.
Lather up with lotion
- It's also fun to offer up little indulgences when you have guests stay over. Offering a delicious smelling lotion for them to use in the morning, throughout the day, and before bed is something that will feel slightly indulgent and special. Our Volcano Hand Lotion from our Spring Box is always a guest favorite!
Keep it cozy
- Keeping your guest room cozy will make your guests feel relaxed and welcomed. Make sure to display an extra blanket so they can cozy up with it if they get chilly and add an extra layer when sleeping if they so choose. They won't want to wake you up in the middle of the night, so it's great to have an extra blanket already in their room.
Ultimately, you want your guests to feel comfortable and enjoy their time at your home. And the first place to start is in the room in which they'll be sleeping. So, go that extra mile and add those special little touches. It'll go a long way and your guests will be so appreciative.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend and cheers to the (unofficial) start of summer!