5 Steps to an Al Fresco Inspired Happy Hour
Whether or not your weather is feeling like spring yet, you can always bring the outside vibe inside when it comes to entertaining.
There are few things better than al fresco dining and drinking, but something that is just as fun is an al fresco inspired happy hour inside the comfort of your own home, right there in your living room.
5 STEPS TO AN AL FRESCO INSPIRED HAPPY HOUR
1. Select your tablecloth(s) and place them down on your coffee table.
2. Pull out your platters - one big, one small - that you'll fill up with delicious food.
3. On your larger, wooden platter, create your al fresco savory platter.
Arrange bread of choice, 1-2 cheeses and heirloom tomatoes. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with a blend of dried herbs such as Herbs of Provence or Italian Herb Seasoning. Dust with a pinch of salt. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, salt and dried herbs for a simple and fresh dipping oil for bread. Display on your kitchen counter, co ee table, or add to a styled tablescape. Voila!
4. On your smaller platter place a couple different cheeses and nuts (we always love a hard one, such as manchego, and a soft one, such as brie).
5. Don't forget the drinks! Fill a pitcher of water, and whip up a Day Tripper cocktail. Leave the ingredients out in case anyone wants to make their own (and the bottles are pretty so they can serve as decor!) by simply adding vodka to the sweet tea mixer. Easy!